We are all aware of streaming platforms and must have subscribed to one or more streaming services to enjoy our favourite series and movies. However, it is tricky to select the one that is user-friendly and affordable. HBO Max is among the low-cost streaming channels offering many popular movies and series. HBO is a popular streaming service that requires a monthly subscription to watch movies or other TV series. However, if you are not interested anymore in HBO, you can cancel it anytime.
Cancelling HBO is easy, and today’s article is about cancelling HBO Max. Let’s find out what an HBO Max subscription is and how to cancel it.
What Is HBO Max?
HBO Max is an online movie streaming service that requires a monthly subscription. This service lets you watch content from Max, as well as from additional media channels. Television networks such as Cartoon Network, Warner Bros, The C.W., and many other series and movies are available on Max. This streaming service is very popular due to its incredibly diverse content. HBO Max also offers a free trial to users to check its functionality and content.
How To Cancel HBO Max Subscriptions?
HBO users may want to cancel it due to the increasing streaming service rates. As all online streaming websites are increasing their subscription fees, HBO cannot avoid it. How you cancel the service is determined by how you sign up for it. If you receive your account from a T.V. or wireless provider, you must cancel your subscription directly with them. If you subscribe to HBO directly through the app or website, you have to cancel it through the website. Here are these four ways that you can use to cancel your HBO Max subscription. Also, read How To Cancel Amazon Music On Website.
How To Cancel HBO Subscription Via Web
Cancelling an HBO subscription is possible through the website if you have subscribed to it here. Most people prefer using a website for subscriptions because it is easier. So you can cancel it here easily as well. You must take a few steps to cancel it on the web.
- First, open your browser on your computer.
- Sign into your HBO account.
- Click on your profile name. It will open a drop-down menu with a few options.
- Choose “subscriptions” from the given options.
- Now choose “Manage Subscriptions” there.
- You will see a new screen with various options. Click on “cancel subscriptions” from these.
- You will be asked to choose why you cancel the subscription.
- Choose one reason, and your cancellation will be confirmed.
- You can renew your subscription anytime in the future.
P.S. Remember to cancel your subscription two days before renewal because it will save you from the next subscription fee.
How To Cancel HBO Subscription Via Mobile
HBO can be used on Windows, Android, or iOS easily. Android and iPhone users sometimes prefer subscribing to streaming websites through their iPhone, iPad, or Android phones. Android and iPhone users must install the HBO Max application to subscribe to the channel. If you are also an iPad, iPhone, or Android user, here is how to cancel your HBO Max.
- Open the HBO Max app on your mobile phone.
- Log in to your account and click on your profile.
- It will open the homepage of your HBO account; click on “settings.”
- The next page will open. Choose “billing Information” and tap on it to open new options.
- Click on “manage subscriptions” from the options. Then click on “cancel subscription”.
- Confirm your cancellation by clicking on the confirm button. Also, read How To Cancel Microsoft Subscription.
How To Cancel HBO Subscription Via Cable Provider
There is another way to cancel your HBO Max subscription besides Windows or Mobile. Here is the way to cancel a subscription through a cable provider.
- Go to the HBO website to sign into your HBO account.
- Click on your account to find a subscription.
- Tap on “subscription”.
- Here, you will find the name of the cable provider.
- You can contact your provider by logging into the cable provider’s website or calling them to cancel your subscription.
How To Cancel HBO Subscription Via Hulu
Hulu is another method to subscribe to HBO subscriptions. Users using Hulu to access HBO Max can cancel it using the same method. Following are the steps to cancel your HBO membership using Hulu.
- Open Hulu in your browser.
- Sign in to your Hulu account.
- You will find all your subscriptions here when you sign in to your account.
- You will find the option “manage plan” under your subscriptions.
- Tap on “Manage Plan.” Look for an HBO subscription and click the tick mark to change the settings.
- Select the option “review changes” to cancel the HBO Max subscription on Hulu. Also, read How To Cancel Disney Plus Account On Roku.
HBO Max is an established streaming service because it allows users to watch popular HBO series shows such as Starstruck, etc. Although this is not expensive, it is difficult to pay for everything when combined with other streaming websites. Before cancelling, consider the benefits of HBO because it provides access to a large amount of media content, including movies and series. However, this article will be handy if you want to cancel it.
We brought this detailed article for you to make things easier for you. Follow the mentored tips and steps to cancel it smoothly.
How can I cancel my HBO Max free trial?
If you use the HBO free trial but do not want to continue, cancel it before it ends. It will save you money on subscription fees.
Choose your online profile.
From the drop-down menu, select Settings.
Proceed down to the Subscription section and choose Manage Subscription.
Select Cancel Subscription.
To cancel, select Continue.
Select Cancel Subscription to confirm your cancellation. Your account will be cancelled.
Can we get a refund if we cancel HBO Max?
Users can get a refund within the first 30 days of their subscription. But it also depends on the subscription terms and conditions. And their refund policy. The best way to get a refund is to contact the HBO customer support team and request a refund. You can contact them through their website or mobile app.
How can I cancel HBO Max via Google?
Navigate to play.google.com.
Sign in to Google with your HBO Max subscription and select My Subscriptions.
Look for HBO Max in your subscriptions list.
Select Manage, then Cancel subscription.