Social media is affecting our lives more than anything. One thing that we must understand is that everything that we watch on social media is different from the true face of the world. Unfortunately, most of us do not understand the hidden reality of social media and take it seriously. When life is hard on you, it is natural to get tired of watching photos and videos of folks on Instagram partying and celebrating their lives. Or you want to get rid of it to focus well on your future instead of wasting time on social media.
What are the reasons this is the time you may think of getting rid of social media to get some peace? The first thing that most people do is delete their Instagram account. Well, this is not the right thing to do. Deleting Instagram in one go may not delete your data properly. Sometimes, you want a little break, a week, a month, or a year, so deactivate your account instead of deleting it. In both cases, you must know how to deactivate or delete your account properly. Today, this article will guide you on properly deleting your Instagram account.
How do you deactivate the Instagram account?
Deactivating your account is a good choice if you want a break. When you deactivate your account, your posts and comments will be hidden from everyone. No one could view your profile. It is the best way to avoid the crowd until you want to be active again. Let’s find out how you can deactivate your Instagram account temporarily.
- First, you need to log in to your Instagram from a computer.
- Go to your profile picture and click edit profile.
- A dropdown menu will appear that shows temporarily deactivate my account. When you click on it, it shows options for why you are deactivating your Instagram account.
- When you choose an option here, it will ask you for your password to deactivate your account.
- It will show the option to delete my Instagram account. You have to click yes for deactivating and no to quit the option.
Deactivate Your Instagram Account From the Account Center
You can also deactivate your account from the Account center
- First, go to the settings and click the account center.
- Click personal details here.
- When you go to the Account ownership and control, two options appear before you delete or deactivate
- If you want to deactivate, click on deactivation. Click continue and enter your password to end it.
- If you have good memories on Instagram or important stuff you want to keep, we suggest you download it first.
- Go to your profile photo and click it, and a menu will appear before you. Click on the three lines on the top right. Click on the Your activity. A list will appear to show your activities. Now click on the Download your information.
- Click on the Request Download to download all your data within 4 days. Also, read How To Unrestrict On Facebook.
How to delete an Instagram account on Android?
Most of the time, we use our social media platforms on our Android phones as it is a more convenient and quick way to access these platforms. To make it less chronic, you can disable your account for some time instead of deleting it. Because once you delete your account permanently, you will lose it forever. But if you want to spend less time on your phone and permanently delete your Instagram account, you can do it in a few steps.
Let’s find out step by step how to delete an Instagram account permanently.
- Log in to your Instagram account on your Android phone.
- Go to the left bottom of your profile and click it.
- By clicking on the menu option, a dropdown bar will open.
- Go to settings
- Click on the help option in the setting. It will open new options for you.
- Select the help center here.
- Now, choose Chrome and tap the option Managing your Account.
- Choose Delete Your Account and tap ” How do I delete my account.?
- Now go further down the page and click “Delete your account.”
- It will take you to the delete your account page in the browser.
- Again, sign in to your Instagram in the browser. You will be asked to save the password. Select no here.
- It will ask you to select why you are deleting your account. Select one reason.
- Reconfirm your password and click the option Permanently delete my Instagram account.
- Click the OK button to finish it.
How do you delete an Instagram account on an iPhone?
If you want to delete your Instagram account on your iPhone, remember to download all your important data to keep a record of it. Here is a guide to permanently deleting your Instagram account on your iPhone.
- First, log in to your Instagram account on your iPhone.
- Now tap the profile picture and click the three stacked lines to open settings.
- Choose settings.
- Now, scroll down the open list.
- Choose the option “Delete Account”.
- Two opinions will appear here: “Deactivate Account” and “Delete Account.”
- Click on “Delete Account.”
- Click on Continue Deleting Account.
- Before finishing it, you will be asked to tell the reason: “Why do you want to delete your account?”. Choose any option from the given list.
- You will be asked to enter your password here.
- After entering the password, click “delete” to finish the process.
Instagram has remained a top favourite social media platform for many years. People love it as an easy platform to share their moments with friends and family. However, due to many emerging social media applications, people need to catch up on it. Sometimes, they want to take a little break and leave the scene for some time. If you have been using the app for years and actively sharing your memories on Instagram, it is a good idea to deactivate your account for some time. But if you remove it permanently, you can easily delete it by following the steps above. Also, read about How To Take Screenshot on Mac.
Can Instagram delete old accounts?
Instagram prefers to delete accounts that have been inactive for too long. Instagram encourages people to remain active on their Instagram account and share their memories here.
How To Delete My Instagram Account without a Password on iPhone?
You cannot delete your account without logging into your account. If you forgot your password, first you have to reset your password. Then log in to your account and delete the account.