As more and more retail merchants become aware of its great sales prospects, eCommerce has developed over the past few years into a constantly changing platform that is becoming more and more competitive.
The visual element of software or hardware that governs how a user interacts with an application is known as the user interface (UI), it describes how users will interact with an app and demonstrates the layout and design of a website. Ecommerce UI Design is the process by which designers develop user interfaces to improve the usability of a website. Since it contributes significantly to providing clients with a pleasant and seamless online shopping experience, UI design can be seen as being quite valuable for eCommerce enterprises
In this article, you will take a guide about the Importance of eCommerce UI design, Key Elements of designing eCommerce UI or the best practices for eCommerce UI design for getting started even if you don’t have previous experience.
Importance of eCommerce UI Design
- Great user experience: The user experience is heavily emphasized in eCommerce UI design, which is its most obvious benefit. Customers will be more likely to make larger purchases and visit your online businesses again if they can completely enjoy a smooth shopping experience. More than that, a responsive web design that enables online websites to automatically alter to match multiple device screen sizes typically serves as an example of outstanding UI design.
- Higher rate of retention: 65% of consumers said that a positive and straightforward customer journey will entice them to stick with a brand. Therefore, the initial step in the purchasing process that later significantly increases client retention is outstanding UI design. Merchants with better e-commerce UI designs appear to be able to increase sales and acquire a competitive advantage over rival businesses.
- Time and cost savings: Though it may not be apparent at first, recommending a well-planned UI Design at the outset can help to avoid issues later on, such as correcting navigational errors, removing unnecessary features, or modifying the design to be more usable and accessible. So, in the long run, a strong eCommerce UI Design helps store owners save time and work.
- Better brand perception: The average consumer of today desires convenience. Regardless of the calibre of the product or service, a brand’s reputation with potential customers will suffer if it lacks a mobile-friendly website. You may increase user experience and brand perception by having a website that is mobile-optimized.
Key Elements of designing E-commerce UI
There are three components to creating an efficient UI design for eCommerce that online merchants should pay attention:
- One-Dimensional Navigation: Products are available on a wide range of e-commerce platforms. These websites must make sure that their data is meticulously arranged. Regular websites contain navigation menus that are made up of a collection of links, some of which may also lead to submenu links. However, nested navigation links need to be included on E-Commerce websites at several levels. There are too many levels to display them all at once. The links must be created and developed in such a way that the navigation menu can provide more alternatives each time a user browses through the product categories. Only the topic that has been chosen should have access to these links, which should be disabled.
- Large views of the products: By giving them the ideal viewing experience for the goods you wish to sell, you may draw in clients. They have to be prepared to part with their cash for what your website is selling. By providing them with a pleasant viewing experience and displaying high-quality photographs of the products, you can pique their curiosity.
- Recommended products: Not every customer that visits your website is aware of what they want to buy. They simply look through the categories in search of items they want to buy. You should target those clients who are unsure about the results of relevant products. Products can be displayed in the sidebar or at the bottom of the product page. These kinds of sidebars or widgets enable users to focus their search and make decisions more quickly. Ecommerce websites should display these products using a built-in plugin or template function.
Best practices for eCommerce UI Design
You should use the following eCommerce user interface best practices to boost your conversions:
- Make Mobile Responsive Design Investments: Many people prefer to use their mobile phones for online browsing and shopping because they are more accessible and convenient than desktop computers. Because of this, putting money into responsive design ought to be a top priority. To give your customers a satisfying experience, your online store should adapt to various screens and sizes.
- Make Navigation simple: A key component of eCommerce site design is easy navigation. It’s quite likely that users will leave your website if they can’t figure out how to navigate it.
- Place call-to-action buttons: You must include call-to-actions (CTAs) and make them obvious and simple to find if you want to increase conversion rates. Any decision made by your visitors should be one they are confident in. Additionally, the CTAs will direct users to their next move. They ought to be clearly identifiable and described in detail.
- Home page: As the first thing that consumers see when they visit your eCommerce stores, the home page of any website is perhaps the most important and innovative section in UI design. Therefore, your brand and services should be prominently displayed on your homepage in a matter of seconds.
Now you must have a clear idea about the design of your website that can significantly improve the performance of your business. An outstanding eCommerce UI Design enhances client engagement and retention in addition to providing a seamless user experience that attracts potential customers. Because of this, it’s crucial for eCommerce business owners to appreciate the value of UI Design and consistently update their website presence in order to significantly raise consumer happiness.